Here’s a few helpful tips when you are sending a sympathy or shiva meal.
- Always find out if there are any specific food preferences or restrictions in the family.
- Chicken is a natural go-to for most people, so you might want to think of an alternative, as chicken every night can get boring. When people are receiving a meal every day, they really appreciate variety.
- Food represents comfort so make the delivery personal. A handwritten note is a meaningful way of sending a personal message to the recipient.
- Look for things that are either easy to heat up or can be served at room temperature and require little to no effort.
- Offer to serve the food and do the clean up on the night your meal is being served. Make it clear though that you will not be eating with the family. You are there to help out and support them.