This delicious and easy to make chicken dish is perfect for taking over to a friend or family member who could use a little help when they are going through a rough time. Perhaps they have suffered a loss in their family, or someone is ill. Making dinner for them will bring them comfort and is one less thing they have to think about during this time.
What You Need:
1 chicken (about 3 lb/1.4kg) cut into eighths
1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1/4 cup ketchup
4 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp)
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 tsp toasted sesame oil (optional)
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Trim and discard excess fat from chicken pieces. Remove skin, if desired. Arrange chicken in a single layer in prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, if using. Mix well.
- Using a pastry bruch, coat chicken with half of marinade; reserve remaining marinade.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Coat chicken with remaining marinade; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer, until glazed and golden.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
Recipe from The Silver Platter cookbook by Daniella Silver and Norene Gilletz.
Photo cred: Elisa Udaskin